Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

I've been trying to blog for about a week but haven't had much time to sit down and type. And now I have Easter pictures so I'm going to tell you about our Easter celebration.


We are in that stage of our lives where family pictures at holidays are hard to get. Would you believe that this was the best one out of two dozen? It doesn't help that I'm usually talking, or messing with the kids hair or outfits or trying to get them to stop fighting/fooling around. 

We had Easter breakfast at my parent's house before church. I would like to say I'm still full from all the food I ate on Sunday, but sadly I'm not. In fact I woke up in the middle of the night on Sunday night/Monday morning and was hungry. The kids looked for eggs at my parents house and then we went to church, then off to Jeremiah's Dad and Step-Mom's for lunch. You want to talk about more good food. Oh, and the jello eggs. Jello eggs are a tradition in Jeremiah's family, his Mom used to make them every year and now his Dad still does. They are filling. I think I ate 3, Jeremiah ate 7. That's a lot of jello.

Unfortunately I forgot my camera for like the whole day so I had to borrow some of my Dad's pictures. The kids looked for eggs at Jer's Dad's house too, I think they went for about 5 rounds of re-hiding. I'm thrilled with this, last year Abby kept wanting me to hide eggs at our house over and over so she could find them, this year I think it's all out of her system.




Not excited about Easter at all is she?

Eli got new cars in his Easter basket. This is the only time he sat still for a picture, a picture with his cars, go figure.

Church was wonderful.  I love Easter music.  And this year it was super awesome, I like congregational singing when the whole auditorium rings.  Abby learned about Easter in Sunday School, Awana, and preschool, so she is starting to get the Easter message.  We tried to make Resurrection Cookies, but apparently I don't have the high-altitude directions so they totally flopped, but the message was still there.   And the kids played with the Resurrection eggs, Abby's favorite is the donkey, but she also likes the cup from the "Last Dinner."  We had a great Easter, how was yours?

Oh, by the way, here I am at 24 weeks.  We did a black and white Easter because black is slimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment