Saturday, October 27, 2012

Super Saturday Six!

I've been thinking about doing a "Things I'm thankful for/excited about" regular weekly post for awhile now.  But I can't decide which day I want to set it on and I can't come up with a really cool name, I'm still working on it.  But I refuse to put it off any longer, I must be thankful/I'm so excited!  So here goes:

My Super Saturday Six!

1. Abby was off from school last week on fall break and it was nice to have slightly calmer mornings and not have to worry about homework/strict routines, etc.  Even better, I had a vacation day this week and since I only work two days a week and didn't work until this weekend that meant I was free all week long!  I felt slightly guilty as we are getting record numbers of babies at work this month.

2. A few weeks ago Jeremiah bought me the bestest floor vacuum ever!  Well, that might be a little exaggeration, but it has changed my life.  I call it "sharkie" because that's what it's name is or the brand or something, anyways, this thing is awesome!  I wish I'd had it when we still had the dog, it's so easy to vacuum the hardwood floors in the kitchen, and the kids can use it with much better results than a broom and dustpan.


3. Hannah has started walking.  Little steps here and there.  But she is gaining confidence and strength everyday.  She is really cute and tiny and I love watching her.

4. Eli turned four on Monday.  See what I did there, #4 is Eli turning four!  Like how I did that?  I'm clever.  We just had the Grandparents over for dinner and cake and presents.  He got oodles of superhero stuff.  He is really into the Avengers and Spiderman and the old Batman with Adam West (he loves watching it with my dad).  I'm planning a superhero party with a few of his friends in a few weeks, he asks me daily if it's time for his "kid birthday" yet.


5. Two words: Honeycrisp Apples.  Yummy.


6. I can finally paint my fingernails.  Remember when I had hand, foot and mouth disease in May?  Well my fingernails started to peel from the cuticle bed up towards the tips, and they were in various stages of peeling and tearing and shredding all summer long.  It was gross, and a little painful.  They have finally all grown out and I can finally polish them with all the fun colors I got in my Birchboxes and Glambags all summer.  Ignore the poor looking cuticles, now that the weather has turned cold I will fight dry skin and ragged cuticles all winter.  Sigh.






No comments:

Post a Comment