Thursday, November 29, 2012

Monthly Mission: Wrap Up

So my first monthly mission was to limit internet and give myself a curfew with the iPad and the internet in general.  I'll be honest, I didn't do so well.  I started out really well, not spending more than 2 hours total a day on the internet and iPad, but somewhere after the first week it started to go downhill.  And then I really kind of lost interest!  I know that's awful, but you, dear reader, probably found this boring too.

I guess I expected some major breakthrough or enlightenment regarding the amount of time I waste on the internet...but I already knew that I waste time on the internet and iPad games.  What I lack is the self-discipline to keep myself from staying up browsing on pinterest until 11:30 at night.  

Yesterday, without my asking, my husband set up some kind of internet filter that turns off my internet after 9 pm.  TURNS IT OFF!!  Like a curfew, for a kid.  At first I was insulted.  But then I realized my husband is just trying to help.  He's not always around when I'm going to bed and need someone to tell me to go to sleep.

You may not realize this, but I lack self-discipline.  Have I mentioned this already?

Somewhere in between vowing to eat only fresh fruits and veggies and organic meat and dairy with my first pregnancy with Abby, to wondering if it was okay to top belgian waffles with a chocolate donut and whipped cream when I was pregnant with Hannah I lost my self-discipline and willpower.  That's kind of what this whole project of mine is about.  Trying to teach myself how to be disciplined again while learning good new habits and getting rid of old ones.

November is almost over, December starts on Saturday.  I have a new mission planned for a new month, and hopefully a little more willpower to see this one through.

No comments:

Post a Comment