Monday, November 19, 2012

Super Saturday Six

Oh my goodness!  I completely forgot to put up my Saturday post last week and then waited until after work on Saturday to write this, but then Jeremiah needed to use the computer and I was so tired that I just decided to finish later.  Now it's Monday!  Yikes!  Anyway, my favorite things:

1. We had Eli's "kid birthday" party a few weeks ago.  I had eleven kids in my house all dressed as superheroes!  My mom made capes for all the kids and I made masks that they got to decorate.  We played "Pin Spider-Man on his web" and Superhero freeze tag and they devoured cupcakes.  Eli was thrilled!  I can't believe my little baby boy is so big.



2. Last Saturday (when I forgot to post, forehead slap!) it snowed on and off and was so cold, so the kids and I made hot chocolate and stayed on the couch watching movies.  Recently Abby has started to show more interest in "real people" movies instead of just cartoons, she says they will watch scenes from musicals in music class sometimes.  She wanted to watch The Sound of Music because she had seen parts of it in class and wanted to see the whole thing.  Eli said it was "boar-wing," and Abby wouldn't let me sing along, but it was fun to cuddle on the couch with her and she was really engrossed in the movie.  I think this year she will be ready to watch White Christmas with me.

3. On that same Saturday Jeremiah was off and we got to have dinner as a family, it's amazing how much I love that.  While we were getting everything prepared and setting the table we had the music turned up loud and had a dance party in the kitchen.  It's fun when we all get silly like that and all three kids are hoping around (well, Hannah wobbles).  It's those times that I know my kids will remember when they're older.  Plus, I have some pretty cool moves!

4. Jeremiah did a little mini-bathroom face lift a few weeks ago.  It all started with a leaky toliet and soggy carpet (who puts carpet in a bathroom! Really!)  So now we have a new floor and a fresh coat of paint on the walls and new towel racks.  I hope we can put in a glass shower door in the near future.  It wasn't the $10.000 bathroom remodel I had dreamed of, but really, I don't need that right now anyway.

5. I took Hannah to visit her cardiologist this past Monday.  She didn't want to lie still for the ECHO at all and I had to kind of restrain her a bit, it didn't matter that Elmo's Alphabet Countdown was playing on the big screen.  My favorite cardiologist, Dr. C., said that it was hard to read her ECHO, but what he could see looked like it had improved a bit.  Her tricuspid valve is still leaky, but is growing with her and that's good, her heart is not enlarged and the pressures are slightly improved.  All good news.  We go back in six months!  Six months!

6. This week is Thanksgiving!  I love Thanksgiving, the turkey, spending time with my family, the Macy's parade.  I will be spending this Thanksgiving with my work family and eating our cafeteria turkey, but then I get to come home and cuddle with my kiddos and hubby and be thankful for them, and all I'm blessed with.  God is good.  Through good and bad times, always, God is good.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment