Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's complicated

So today marks 25 days in the PICU, Jeremiah started a little tally on the white board in here.  Talked to the cardiologist and surgeon this morning, like I do every morning and feel a lot more informed.  Hannah had an ECHO on Thursday, the cardiologist that looked at it feels that her tricuspid valve is leaking a moderate amount.  This isn't really new information, but their explaining it to me is.  The thing with all the information and the various docs that are involved in Hannah's care is that it takes awhile for all the info they all throw at me to sink in, and I piece stuff together a little at a time.  I believe that is a gift from God so that I'm not so overwhelmed at once.  

I will be an expert in cardiology before this is all thru.

So pray that Hannah's leaky tricuspid valve fixes itself.  Or at least that she can tolerate it and improve enough to go home.  If she improves (eating better, weaning off oxygen) she can go home.  If she continues to hover in this state where she is not eating all the time, needs oxygen, can't seem to get ahead of the complications than the surgeons might have to go back in and try to fix her valve.  That's MIGHT.  It's not on the books yet, we're just taking it a day at a time (like we have been) to see how Hannah does.  If she needs surgery it may be soon, it may be in a few months or a few years, it all depends on Hannah.  I'm just beginning to understand this now.  It's kind of complicated, I know.  I wish I had taped the surgeon's explanation this am and I could stream it up here, I wonder if he would mind coming back in and doing the whole thing for me again!  There is a very nice diagram on the white board, I wonder how often he has to draw it for parents.  
The tick marks are in the upper left hand corner, I know there are only 24,
we add the new one at the end of the day.  I don't know what 44 is, but
isn't that a nice drawing of Hannah's heart?

If you have questions feel free to send them my way, I will try to answer them.  If you have a minute pray for the leaky tricuspid valve, I might have to nick name it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment